- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is a steroid hormone secreted primarily by the adrenal glands and, to a lesser extent, by the testes and ovaries. DHEA and its sulfate are the most abundant steroid hormones in the human body and can be found in blood, saliva, urine and cerebrospinal fluid. DHEA serves as a “buffer” reservoir to be used for the intracellular synthesis of various estrogens and androgens throughout the human body. DHEA production peaks during the second decade of life. Beginning in the early 30s, DHEA levels typically decline by 10% per decade. In addition to the normal decline associated with aging, other possible causes of a decline in DHEA production include inflammation, blood sugar imbalances, as well as long-term stress.
- DHEA functions as the counterpart to the stress hormone cortisol. Maintaining healthy DHEA levels is crucial for balancing the catabolic effects of cortisol. Each capsule provides 25 mg of DHEA derived from the wild yam, allowing for incremental oral supplementation and flexibility with numerous hormone balancing and stress-fighting protocols.
- See more at: http://rejuvelle.com/products/bath-bombs/#sthash.tRNLmtHT.dpuf
- 1 soft gel capsule per day or as recommended by your health care professional
- Enhances Cellular Energy Production and Physical Performance
- Supports Cardiovascular Health
- Boosts Antioxidant Activity
- Helps Maintain Healthy Blood Sugar Balance
- Promotes Neurological Health