- Pregnenolone is a pro-hormone that is synthesized in the brain and adrenals, but also in the liver, skin, brain, testicles, ovaries and retina. As a biochemical precursor to DHEA and progesterone, pregnenolone helps to keep a normal balance between these hormones in the body and as a result, helps to modulate the cortisol-driven stress response system, support nerve cell growth and modulate mood. Specifically, when a high-stress lifestyle pushes the stress response system into overdrive, the rise in cortisol can ultimately cause the depletion of pregnenolone and a reduced availability of DHEA and progesterone. This phenomenon is known as "pregnenolone steal," and supplementing pregnenolone can help to replace this needed precursor.
- Pregnenolone plays a key role in hormonal balance as a key precursor to cortisol, DHEA and progesterone, and helps to maintain balance in the body’s stress response system. In addition, pregnenolone has been shown to support a balanced mood and promote cognitive health by modulating the transmission of messages between neurons, influencing learning and memory processes. Since there is strong evidence that pregnenolone levels diminish with advancing age, restoring these levels may also help support overall brain function and sense of well-being. Each capsule of the Pregneolone formula includes 10 mg of pregnenolone in a scored, quick-dissolve tablet, allowing for incremental dosing as needed.
- See more at: http://rejuvelle.com/products/bath-bombs/#sthash.tRNLmtHT.dpuf
- 1 or more tablets per day or as recommended by your health care professional.
- Promotes Normal Hormonal Balance
- Helps Maintain Healthy Memory and Cognitive Function
- Supports Mood Regulation
- Supports the Stress Response System by Acting as Hormonal Precursor